I'm participating in Parajunkee's Spooky September Challenge! Top 10 Spookiest Movies.
1. The Changeling. This movie is a classic. You will never look at red bouncing balls the same way again. Gave me the CREEPS!
2. The Others. Very creepy and atmospheric. The director didn't use any tricks. It was all editing, mood and lighting. Truly one of my favorites.
3. Sixth Sense. I absolutely loved this movie. Did you guess the big twist at the end? I didn't!
4. The Exorcist. I think this goes beyond spooky. This is straight up Horror and truly horrific it is. What makes it even more frightening is that it is based on an alleged true story.
5. The Ring. There is a reason this was such a sensation.
6. The Innocents. Some versions are creepier than others. Watch the one with Deborah Kerr. The kids singing is probably one of the freakiest things about the movie.
7. The Skeleton Key. OMGOMGOMG! Did you see this? I want to write the sequel!
8. The Devil's Backbone. Guillermo del Torro is one of my favorite directors. This movie was about a boy in an orphanage and a ghost. Very scary.
9. Poltergeist. I think this movie still stands the test of time. The clown doll under the bed, seeing things in the mirror. Even the beginning when things get started and the mom turns around and the chairs are piled up.
10. Haunted with Aidan Quinn and Kate Beckinsale. A sleeper of a movie, but very spooky.