Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Please check out her blog for rules and to join in. This week is a freebie so I thought it would be fitting to list the Top Ten authors I would like to see as President of the United States. There are a lot of authors that aren't on this list, but not because I would't want to see them in The White House, but only because I don't think they'd want the job at all!
1. Charles de Lint. If you've read any of his books, you would know that Mr. de Lint is very Zen. I think he would be a calm president and make sensible decisions. Then he and his wife Marianne would give a free concert on The White House lawn.
3. Clive Barker. Just to shake things up a little.
4. Neil Gaiman. So what if he wasn't born here! I think the U.S. would have the highest literacy rate in the world if he was in office.
5. J.K. Rowling. Another Brit, but anyone who envisioned the epic world of Harry Potter and defeated the evil Voldemort would have the imagination to think outside of the box and lead this country into a bright future.
7. Gillian Flynn. She understands human nature and the deep darkness behind people's behavior. I think The Oval Office staff would just shape up. There would be no shenanigans in Ms. Flynn's term.
8. Toni Morrison. Bam!
9. Jackie Collins. Just for some drama.
Honorable mention since he is no longer with us: Dr. Seuss.
Photos from Wikimedia Commons.