What will our hero Punxsutawney do this year? Will he he see his shadow and hunker down for six more weeks? Or will he deem it safe and leave his burrow so we can all see an end to this memorable winter?
Usually, I go to a "Root Party" to celebrate Groundhog Day (there is a connection there somewhere). We eat dishes rich with tubers such as pumpkin chili, carrot souffle, of course potatoes and also have a costume contest. Yes, my Halloween friends and I will always find an excuse to utilize costumes! Some I've come up with have been; a highway "route" (I dressed all in black with road signs all over me), money (the "root" of all evil), and a root "seller"(I had an entire brochure hawking my wares).
Either way in honor of Groundhog Day I'm giving away Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card.
- No need to follow, tweet, or re-post! Just leave me a comment and tell me what you would dress up as on Groundhog Day.
- Don't forget your e-mail address! (No address-no entry.)
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random.
- This contest ends on Sunday, February 6, 2011, at midnight.
- This contest is open internationally!
Please read my Contest Policy.