I came across this on Twitter and thought it was so cute and fun. So, I know people get sick of a lot of memes, but I couldn't resist this one. If you'd like to join in, click on the button above. There's a set of questions for authors/writers too!
1. What was your overall favourite book this year? (Yes. Pick one.)
N0S4A2 by Joe Hill. (Still working on my review!)
2. Favourite debut(s)? (Author must have been first published in 2013.)
I didn't read a debut author this year.
3. Which books did you reread this year?
None. I don't re-read books. Maybe I will someday.
4. Favourite cover(s) this year!
I'll take a pass on this one.
6. What self-published books did you read this year?
None. I don't really read self-published books.
7. Which book(s) gave you a massive hangover?
Take a guess based on answers 8, 9 and 10!
8. Best standalone you read?
N0S4A2 by Joe Hill.
9. Biggest book(s) you've read this year?
LOL, see above.
10. Book(s) you followed the hype for and then loved!
11. Most disappointing book(s) you read this year?
I was pretty disappointed in The Accursed because it was my first Joyce Carol Oates book and I was expecting it to be easier to read (listen to) and spookier.
12. Favourite leading-female character?
Vic from N0S4A2
Gin from Spider's Bite.
13. Favourite leading-male character?
Louis from N0S4A2
Nick from 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil.
14. Best romance(s)?
Gin and Donovan in Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep.
Jade and Donovan in The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington. (Hmmm, interesting, two Donovans.)
15. What book(s) hit the DNF list? (Did not finish.)
I feel bad, but I put down The Morganville Vampires. However, I do intend to pick it up again at some point.
16. What book(s) did you read out of your comfort-zone?I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak right now. I haven't read a historical fiction in a long time and I usually avoid books about WWII and the plight of the victims involved. Ironically, after this one, I'll have read two set during WWII. The second being Life After Life by Kate Atkinson.
17. Which author did you read the most from?
I didn't read any author more than once this year.
18. Top 5 books you'd recommend from all the books you've read this year?
N0S4A2 by Joe Hill
Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
Mister Slaughter by Robert McCammon.
Beautiful Sorrows by Mercedes Yardley.
Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep.
19. How many books did you read this year all up?
Unfortunately only 32. I know, it was a slow year.
20. What's a book you're hugely excited for coming out in 2014?!
To be honest, I haven't been paying attention! And to be even more honest, I don't usually research what is coming out until I go to BEA and see what they have there.
So what about you? What are some of your favorite books, romances or characters you've encountered this past year?