I live near NYC and by default it's my favorite city in the world. However, I also absolutely love New Orleans! The magic, the music and the mayhem! I try to visit as often as I can. I've heard people say it's an entirely different world, separate from the rest of the country with it's own unique history and culture.
I love reading and learning about New Orleans and many times I choose to read a book based only on the fact that it takes place there, or the main character grew up there or the author stopped by there once...okay, maybe not that last one, but I just wanted to illustrate my
Please note: This is not to be confused with the AAD NOLA Challenge. If you are interested in that challenge, please click on the button in the sidebar.
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012.
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2012.
- You can choose fiction or non-fiction.
- You do not need a blog to participate.
- You can join at anytime during the year.
- You can choose any genre (Romance, UF, Historical Fiction, Paranormal, Non Fiction) as long as it has some connection to New Orleans. (Even if the story or book takes place near New Orleans, such as a Louisiana plantation or the Bayou, it can be used.)
- I will be having contests and giveaways with this challenge!
- Write a post about this challenge with a link back to this post.
- If you want to make a list of books you wish to read you can, but it's not mandatory.
- Your list is not set in stone. You can change, add or subtract books
- Sign up on the designated Mr. Linky below.
- Choose a level:
- Gator: Read 1-4 books.
- Jazz Musician: Read 5-8 books.
- Mardi Gras King: Read 9-12 books.
- Voodoo Queen: Read 13-16 books.
To post a review:
- Link to the designated Mr. Linky below.
I'm going to try for the Jazz Musician Level.
1. Black Heart Loa by Adrian Phoenix.
2. Nine Lives: Mystery, Magic, Death and Life in New Orleans by Dan Baum.
3. Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson.
This is the SIGN UP Mr. Linky! (Use only to sign up for the challenge).
This is the REVIEW Mr. Linky. (Use only to link up your NOLA Reading Challenge reviews.)