Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Please click HERE to view their Top 10 for this week and to join in!
I love this week's topic because, ooooh pretty pictures! These are not in any specific order. As I was skimming through images of book covers I started thinking about what catches my eye. Definitely imagery is first. I love eerie, haunting pictures. Color is another factor. I prefer a dark, moody palette like purple, black and blue. What catches your eye when it comes to book covers?
(ps-Sorry about the formatting, Blogger is being wonky.)
1. Even though I haven't read any of these, I love all the covers in this series.
2. I read the first book, The Restorer, and loved it. The 2nd book is called The Kingdom and that's coming out this year also. The Prophet, the third in the series is also supposed to come out in 2012.
3. This is part of the Dark Tower series. It's the 8th book in the series, but it is set between books #4 and #5. I read the first book in this series, but it was so long ago I should probably re-read it and catch up on these stories too.
4. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. This is the book that follows Anna Dressed in Blood. I liked that cover better, but this one is cool too. I hope I like this one as much as the first.
5. I absolutely LOVE this cover. I think it is perfection. I love the colors, the picture and I love how the text is incorporated as graffiti on the bathroom stall. Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues is the second book about Angel Crawford. I read the first book My Life as a White Trash Zombie which is excellent!
6. Another series that I never started, but the cover is pretty.
7. I loooove this cover. Can you guess why? Creepy!
8. Charles de Lint is one of my favorite authors and the covers of his books are beautiful dreams. This image evokes myths, magic and power. Eyes Like Leaves was written in 2009, but is being released this year.
9. Another creepy, eerie, terrifying image that makes an awesome cover.
10. This is another cover I found. It looks like Victorian, Steampunk enchantment.